There’s a wide range of leisure activities and opportunities to learn more about the natural, architectural and cultural environment and local heritage.
>> haut-couserans Tourist Office
Culture and Heritage
There were once large numbers of peddlers, bear-baiters, livestock breeders and farmers in this part of the Ariège.
In the village, admire the surprising scenography of the Château de Seix.
Fishing, hiking, horse-riding, snowshoeing, mountain biking, cycling, whitewater sports, paragliding ... hydrotherapy and fitness.
And for something completely different, why not set off on the back of a donkey for 1 or more days in complete freedom
All these activities are available locally.
- Horizon Vertical: 05 61 96 08 22
- SEIX Mountain guides: 05 34 14 07 64
- Haut Couserans Kayak Club: 05 61 66 92 00
- Coumariau riding center, Oust: 05 61 96 57 71
- Pyrénées Anes, Aucun (donkeys): 05 61 66 82 15
- Passeur de vagues: 05 61 66 84 88
- Guzet mountain resort
- Pyrenees Aventures (paragliding): 05 61 04 84 84
- Spa at Aulus les Bains: 05 61 96 01 46
At the campsite, we’ll keep you informed about opportunities for family walks and hikes.
A walking guide walk and walk information sheets are available from the tourist office.
Below are a few examples of outings.
- Cirque d'Anglade (level: average)
- The Ars waterfall (level: average)
- The Estours Valley (level: average)
- The Léziou waterfall (level: easy)
- Labant Lake (level: easy)
- Cirque de Cagateille (level: easy)
- The banks of the Salat (level: average)
- Ars waterfall - Guzet Lake (good level of fitness required)
- Hillette Lake - Alet (technically demanding)
- Aubé Lake (good level of fitness required)
- The Alate - Labant lakes (good level of fitness required)
All this information is given for guidance only. Please contact the different organisations, guides and service providers regarding the conditions for accessing and practising these activities.